LG 42LV4400 Review, Pros and Cons – LG 42LV4400 42-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED LCD HDTV
LG 42LV4400 HDTV Review
Something that Korea seems to be particularly good at is building televisions. LG was originally a plastics company, later producing South Korea’s first ever radio, and after much tinkering and reverse engineering, with many Korean companies in the 80’s using goods by foreign brands as a guide, LG found themselves expanding in practically all directions.They are now one of the leading manufacturers of high quality consumer electronics worldwide. Staying true to their reputation, LG have recently released the impressive LG 42LV4400 42-inch HD Television. With full HD 1080p definition and utilizing LG’s signature LED technology, the LG 42LV4400 delivers a crystal clear picture, bright and vibrant colors and has a great energy rating to boot.
I’d seen these previously in the store and thought that the picture quality looked pretty good. A few weeks later a friend of mine decided to buy one specifically to watch a stack of Blu-ray discs he’d just picked up. So we made a weekend of it. I must say, as much as I love my LED HDTV, the picture quality of the LG 42LV4400 blew me away. For stationary shots, there was no real discernable difference, but when it comes to displaying fast moving objects: sports players, race cars, Tom Cruise – this thing really does shine. This is due to LG’s TruMotion 120Hz refresh rate technology, which essentially eliminates the blur that you experience with less capable televisions. Another thing I really like about LG televisions is their power saving options, allowing you to adjust the screen brightness to not only save power, but also best suit the brightness of the room.
LG 42LV4400 HDTV Pros and Cons
Let’s review some of the pros and cons:
LG 42LV4400 Pros:
- Picture quality. Full 1080p High Definition LED display with a superb picture, particularly when it comes to displaying fast-moving action.
- Energy efficient. Cut down on your electricity bill with the easy-to-use energy saving feature.
- Price. Very affordable, going for almost half of the price of similar televisions. And that’s before the sale discounts!
LG 42LV4400 Cons:
- Inbuilt speakers. When using the television without an amp and solely relying on the inbuilt speakers, the sound is pretty dreadful. For most people this won’t be an issue, however, as it is standard practice to hook your television up to an amplifier or existing sound system.
- USB capability. Though it does support USB 2.0 connections, the USB filetype support is unfortunately rather limited compared to other models.
A lot of avid movie downloaders will already be using some sort of external file player, in which case they will be able to connect said player to the 42LV4400 via HDMI. If, however, you are specifically looking for a television that will play a range of filetypes via the television’s own USB port, then you will want to look elsewhere. That said, for everything else: Blu-ray discs, game consoles, cable television, or any device with an HDMI, RCA or Component output, the LG 42LV4400 is a real steal.
At some point in the future, there will be no discernable differences between televisions at all. The picture quality will be absolutely flawless and the technology perfected and common to all brands and models. LG are just about there.
More LG 42LV4400 reviews:
- LG 42LV4400 Consumer Reviews posted at Amazon.com